The Adventure Worlds Website is currently open to submissions for people who would like to find a home for their short stories. Unfortunately we can’t offer any remuneration outside of viewership. Any content you submit will always remain yours.
To submit a story please follow these guides.
- Send all stories to: email@example.com with ‘Submission’ in the subject line.
- Stories should be between 800 and 2500 words. We will make exceptions for stories that feel complete with a lower or higher word count, but please try to get close to those limits. *New* We are open to accepting stories longer than 2500 words provided that they are submitted as completed story, and broken into parts that fit the original word count limits (800-2500). Single story submissions should still follow the original guidelines.
- Be aware that we will send your story back to you with edits and suggestions before we post any submitted story. We expect a creative exchange with the submitting author and that said author is eager to accept constructive criticism.
- We like our stories to fit into genres (Horror, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Mystery etc) but we are interested in receiving any stories that can be described as adventurous. This includes but is not limited to: Short Stories, Poems, Comics or others.
- Please send your stories as a word attachment. (.doc or .docx) If you can not send your story in this format, please send us a message with the type of formatting you can use so we can asses our ability to accept your story.
- We reserve the right to refuse your submission for any reason, including but not limited to: Inappropriate content, Liable content, Illegal content, hateful or prodigious content, plagiarism, or because we don’t feel it would fit on our blog.
- With that in mind we are not against limited and/or professional profanity or adult content.
We are always open for submissions, but please give us time to read and discuss your work as a group. We all have jobs and responsibilities beyond Adventure Worlds and it may take us a few days (or more) to get back to you. Also, please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments you have (firstname.lastname@example.org). Stories or other content that pushes us and the site are more than welcome.