They say that no news is good news. They also say that there’s no such thing as bad press. We’re not sure who THEY are (we’re not even that sure if the those sayings are all that accurate).
What we do know is that the AWP authors are hard at work on their latest projects. Not that we have much to share about them.
We made an update about what we’re working on in our last post and we don’t want to just repeat ourselves. You can check it out for more details.
One thing that we are sure about is that we here at AWP love Halloween. This spooky, scary time is perfect for reading a good horror book like Christian Laforet’s The Space Between Houses, or a dark sci-fi story like those found in No Light Tomorrow.
We would love to try and convince you that all our books are perfect for Halloween, but while we think you’d enjoy them no matter when you read them, Brittni Brinn’s post apocalyptic Patch Project books and Ben Van Dongen’s cyber punk inspired Synthetic Albatross series just aren’t scary enough. Not in the traditional sense.
Either way, we just wanted to say that we hope everyone who takes the time to check out this website (and hopefully our books) has a Happy Halloween.
No doubt Christian will be spending his evening taking his little ones out trick-or-treating. Brittni will probably be handing out candy to the neighbourhood children. And Ben will be in the basement, hiding from the ghost that he accidentally summoned last Halloween.
Keep an eye out for some future updates on what new books will be coming out in 2022, and stay spooky!
No Light Tomorrow needs a book cover!
From June 17 – Aug 1, 2015, Authors Christian Laforet and Ben Van Dongen will be accepting submissions for the cover art for their newest book, No Light Tomorrow.
No Light Tomorrow is a collection of five speculative tales. Space travel, strange visitors, technological nightmares, unexplainable phenomenon and new worlds await within its pages.
- Create an original and interesting image built around the name and ideas of the book. The artwork must be the property of the submitter.
- Upload a clear picture of your cover art design and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline date.
The winner will:
- Have their cover published.
- Receive explicit acknowledgement in the book.
- Receive complimentary copies of No Light Tomorrow
- Win $50 cash
By submitting any design for the cover of the book titled “No Light Tomorrow”, you automatically agree to the following. (Please don’t submit anything if you don’t agree).
- I acknowledge that there may be many cover designs submitted, and that the final choice may be similar to that which I submitted.
- I acknowledge that the final book cover may include concepts that appear similar to those that I submit.
- I acknowledge and accept that if my design is chosen, the authors can use the design in any way in the promotion and sales of the book.
- I acknowledge that my image (if selected) may be altered to better fit the needs of the cover.
- I acknowledge that even if my image is selected, it may not end up being used as the final cover for the book. In this instance, I will still receive the cash prize of $50
- I waive any claims that I may have against Christian Laforet and Ben Van Dongen with regard to the design I have submitted to illustrate the cover of the book “No Light Tomorrow”, including any claims of invasion of privacy, violation of right of publicity, libel or copyright infringement.