We’re thrilled to finally show the world No Light Tomorrow!
Some things are so accepted as to be taken for granted. While the far future is shrouded in uncertainty, there are expectations often considered assured that are overlooked. There is only one you, threats are usually empty, ghosts are not real, life is finite, science can solve the most daunting challenges, and beliefs are assured when society takes matters in their own hands. When unexpected events transpire, we are left in the dark.
Authors Christian Laforet and Ben Van Dongen present six science fiction stories that explore improbability and show you what happens when expectations are subverted.
Sorry Adventure Worlds readers, we don’t have a story for you this week. Christian and I have decided that due to the drop in submissions, we will move to posting every other Monday. With the lion’s share of posts falling to the two of us, if we were to keep the weekly schedule, we wouldn’t have any time to finish the collection (yes, we are still working on it) or our novels (planned to be released in the last quarter of 2015).
Next Monday, we have another exciting story from our long time contributor, Edele Winnie titled Duck, Duck, Goose. Thankfully, she continues to be a steadfast part of Adventure Worlds, sending stories from the beginning.
The next post will be on July 27th and it’s part 6 of the continuing Dime Store Detective story.
Speaking of our collection. If you haven’t heard (or if you have and forgot) we have a cover contest happening now. There is a whole page of information here: http://adventureworldsblog.com/2015/06/16/cover-contest/
Please give it a look and see if you can come up with the perfect cover for our forthcoming collection. You could win $50, copies of the book, and our eternal thanks.
Submissions are always welcome.
Thanks, we’ll see you next week!
No Light Tomorrow needs a book cover!
From June 17 – Aug 1, 2015, Authors Christian Laforet and Ben Van Dongen will be accepting submissions for the cover art for their newest book, No Light Tomorrow.
No Light Tomorrow is a collection of five speculative tales. Space travel, strange visitors, technological nightmares, unexplainable phenomenon and new worlds await within its pages.
- Create an original and interesting image built around the name and ideas of the book. The artwork must be the property of the submitter.
- Upload a clear picture of your cover art design and send to email@example.com by the deadline date.
The winner will:
- Have their cover published.
- Receive explicit acknowledgement in the book.
- Receive complimentary copies of No Light Tomorrow
- Win $50 cash
By submitting any design for the cover of the book titled “No Light Tomorrow”, you automatically agree to the following. (Please don’t submit anything if you don’t agree).
- I acknowledge that there may be many cover designs submitted, and that the final choice may be similar to that which I submitted.
- I acknowledge that the final book cover may include concepts that appear similar to those that I submit.
- I acknowledge and accept that if my design is chosen, the authors can use the design in any way in the promotion and sales of the book.
- I acknowledge that my image (if selected) may be altered to better fit the needs of the cover.
- I acknowledge that even if my image is selected, it may not end up being used as the final cover for the book. In this instance, I will still receive the cash prize of $50
- I waive any claims that I may have against Christian Laforet and Ben Van Dongen with regard to the design I have submitted to illustrate the cover of the book “No Light Tomorrow”, including any claims of invasion of privacy, violation of right of publicity, libel or copyright infringement.