Hello fine readers. Happy New Year from us at Adventure Worlds Press!
Together, we managed to get through a tough year and we’ll keep striving forward in 2021! We hope you had some good moments that you can hold tightly. We sure did.
While we weren’t able to attend any events for the majority of 2020, we did manage to put our collective noses to the grind stone and get some down and dirty writing done.
Christian got several short stories published in a number of collections, wrote the first draft of a literary fiction novel, and continued to edit his latest horror book.
Brittni Brinn released her latest sci-fi novella, A Place That Used to Be, and finished the first draft on her new sci-fi novel.
Ben Van Dongen finished the first draft of his own sci-fi novel and is in the middle of editing the latest book in The Synthetic Albatross series, Break/Interrupt.
We plan on having new books to share with you this year. While it may be some time until we can have physical release parties and get out to events across the province, we will continue to work and experiment in the virtual space.
Hang in there and do what we do when things get tough. Read genre fiction (especially the quality books released by Adventure Worlds Press).
Due to the world being on fire, we have missed three significant events here at AWP. Namely, the launch of Ben Van Dongen’s newest novella (in the Synthetic Albatross series), Broadcast Wasteland. The launch of Brittni Brinn’s new novel, The Place That Used To Be. And the re-release of Christian Laforet’s short story collection, The Space Between Houses.
We had intended to host a big hoopla in the fall to celebrate all three books, but due to the obvious issues, that seems unlikely to happen. Not to be deterred though, we have made the decision to bring the launch of these new releases to your digital doorstep.
This Friday, Aug 21st, all three authors will be dropping readings, behind the scenes and more on the AWP Facebook page, as well as across their own social media. It all kicks off at 10am.
AWP 2020 launch event page!
Brittni Brinn: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Website
Ben Van Dongen: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Website.
Christian Laforet: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Website.
This is a new, and exciting event for us, and we hope you’ll join us in the celebration.
We here at Adventure Worlds Press have managed to have three new releases come out during the pandemic with everyone in quarantine most stores closed for much of that time. I suppose for two of them, we saw the writing on the wall and could have held back the releases, but one of them is mine (it’s Ben writing this if you couldn’t tell from reading any of my other posts) and I have a thing for schedules and rules even when they are arbitrary. My novellas come out in April because that’s when the first one came out so they all have to come out then. Therefore Broadcast Wasteland was released in April. Continue reading
I’m not sure how to start this post. I’m so used to having some concrete things to say on my weekly blogs over on my personal site, but it has been nearly a year since I’ve posted here. I suppose I just want to let any visitors know that Christian and I are still kicking, doing stuff on our own websites, doing lots of stuff in out in the world. We’ve managed to keep the events page on this website updated, so continue to check out what we’re up to there. We’d love to see you at one of our readings, or at some random convention we attend. If you tell me you know us from the Adventure Worlds website, I’ll see if I can’t give you a discount. Continue reading
We’re thrilled to finally show the world No Light Tomorrow!
Some things are so accepted as to be taken for granted. While the far future is shrouded in uncertainty, there are expectations often considered assured that are overlooked. There is only one you, threats are usually empty, ghosts are not real, life is finite, science can solve the most daunting challenges, and beliefs are assured when society takes matters in their own hands. When unexpected events transpire, we are left in the dark.
Authors Christian Laforet and Ben Van Dongen present six science fiction stories that explore improbability and show you what happens when expectations are subverted.
No Light Tomorrow needs a book cover!
From June 17 – Aug 1, 2015, Authors Christian Laforet and Ben Van Dongen will be accepting submissions for the cover art for their newest book, No Light Tomorrow.
No Light Tomorrow is a collection of five speculative tales. Space travel, strange visitors, technological nightmares, unexplainable phenomenon and new worlds await within its pages.
- Create an original and interesting image built around the name and ideas of the book. The artwork must be the property of the submitter.
- Upload a clear picture of your cover art design and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline date.
The winner will:
- Have their cover published.
- Receive explicit acknowledgement in the book.
- Receive complimentary copies of No Light Tomorrow
- Win $50 cash
By submitting any design for the cover of the book titled “No Light Tomorrow”, you automatically agree to the following. (Please don’t submit anything if you don’t agree).
- I acknowledge that there may be many cover designs submitted, and that the final choice may be similar to that which I submitted.
- I acknowledge that the final book cover may include concepts that appear similar to those that I submit.
- I acknowledge and accept that if my design is chosen, the authors can use the design in any way in the promotion and sales of the book.
- I acknowledge that my image (if selected) may be altered to better fit the needs of the cover.
- I acknowledge that even if my image is selected, it may not end up being used as the final cover for the book. In this instance, I will still receive the cash prize of $50
- I waive any claims that I may have against Christian Laforet and Ben Van Dongen with regard to the design I have submitted to illustrate the cover of the book “No Light Tomorrow”, including any claims of invasion of privacy, violation of right of publicity, libel or copyright infringement.